An internship at CCI (both remote and in-person) places a strong emphasis on problem solving and developing high-quality software. It is an excellent way to build your resume and apply your knowledge and expertise to the challenge of making software more secure.
You will learn a lot as part of a close-knit, top-notch technical team, benefiting from close interaction and mentoring, from the company CTO on down. Ultimately, your work will have real impact: you will contribute directly to CCI’s mission and products.
CCI interns are always paid. Past interns have gone on to top graduate programs, gotten jobs at top companies, and joined CCI full time!
Baseline qualifications for the intern role are:
- Enrolled in (or recently graduated from) a B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. degree program in Computer Science, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering, or related technical field
- At least 2 years of experience (coursework and otherwise) writing code with compiled programming languages such as C/C++, Java, Rust, Scala, Haskell, or OCaml.
- At least 2 years of experience (coursework and otherwise) in design and analysis of algorithms and data structures.
Preferred qualifications for the intern role are:
- Experience developing a substantial software system, possibly as part of a team.
- Coursework or experience in that involves language implementation, compiler construction, program analysis, formal verification, and/or theorem proving
- Coursework or experience in that involves binary analysis and reverse engineering
- At least 1 year of experience contributing to substantial, collaboratively developed software packages (in aggregate, whether open- or closed source)
- At least 1 year of experience writing code in C and/or C++.
- At least 1 year of experience writing code in a functional language (e.g., OCaml, Haskell, Scala)
The job is located in College Park, MD. We are flexible about remote vs. in-person work—we encourage all eligible candidates to apply.
How to apply
If you are interested in joining the team, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. If you graduated in the last five years, also include an unofficial transcript. In your cover letter, please indicate which position, or positions, you are interested in, and why you believe you might be a good fit for them.
CCI is an equal opportunity employer. We recognize that diverse teams make the strongest teams, and we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.